What is Kitchen Hood Cleaning & Why do we need it?
It is a process of removing grease that has accumulated inside the ducts, hoods, fans & vents of exhaust systems of commercial kitchens.
Kitchen exhaust systems collect grease over a time period. Left uncleaned, eventually will accumulate too much grease & if this will be brought together with flame or intense heat, this will result to an extreme fire hazards. Thus, it should be inspected & clean regularly by experts. By keeping these systems working at their best, they will evacuate the smoke and grease out of the building and produce a cleaner, cooler kitchen and better working environment for staff.
What are the benefits of regular maintenance on your kitchen exhaust equipment?
- Removal of fire hazard for 90% of fire cause starts with oil and grease accumulation inside the duct.
- Removal of insect-food source. Insects are attracted with the smell coming from the exhaust fan if not in use. They might enter inside the duct especially when exhaust is in open area.
- Produces a safe working environment, avoiding food contamination and everybody’s health is at safe.
- Improve government inspection rating, avoiding any penalty or closure of establishment.
- Greater energy savings and avoiding unusual sound coming from the fan motor
- Extended equipment life. Exhaust fan motor and fan belt will last longer if it is always cleaned.